Wednesday, February 28, 2024

#Hexplore Week 7: The Breaking Point

 It is hard to not feel like a failure at a time like this...

            With that less than mysterious title, its clear to see that the time has come to take a break. Anyone having followed the blog posts up to this point will know that this project's biggest flaw has always been the burden it has been on my personal time.

            I know, I know, the goal from here should have been to find ways to lessen this time-load, but unfortunately I don't think that's truly possible. To try and simplify the process would mean that I would have to cut off some major component of the process. Do I stop describing and recording the areas we enter and explore? Do I stop logging the party efforts? Do I stop doing a 1:1 time? No matter what I choose, I lose. 

What to do now?

            I plan on discontinuing this project, at least until further notice. It truly pains me to say this, considering how much I have done thus far. But, in the end, I want to dedicate time to the project that got me here in the first place: both of my podcasts, and my OSE game with my pals. Additionally, I need to focus on my personal life, taking time to just relax after work and not spend hours on this procedural project daily. 

The previous week...

            To end this post on a sweet note, I will admit that the last week has truly been a doozy for the party. They journeyed deeper into the Catacombs of Gunzur, looking for the leader of the Disciples of Silver. They not only found +3 platemail, but also found a white dragon and slew it. The party retrieved 100,000+ coins, and plenty of treasure beyond that. They were able to bring this all home with wagons of well paid bandits they'd befriended in Kanthton. They returned and found the ghoul-ified leader of the Disciples of Silver and gave to them a large sum of the coinage they'd retrieved as well as gift a large sum to the clan leader of Kanthton. 


Someday I hope to return to this project in some capacity, but its hard to say that I hadn't learned a lot about my prefered playstyle, and hard to say I didn't have some of the most memorable TTRPG experiences in this project. Thank you to everyone who kept up with this project, and good luck to everyone else who is still working on this project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment